David Morrison is a partner with Bereskin & Parr LLP.
David’s practice is principally directed towards the preparation and prosecution of patent applications worldwide in the biotechnology, biomedical, chemcial, mechanical, oil and gas and agricultural areas. David also provides clients with patent validity and infringement assessments and opinions and occasionally drafts and reviews licensing agreements. Prior to his career in law, David worked as a fellow in an academic research institute and in technology transfer and commercialization in a university setting.
David is an active speaker educating primarily start-ups and SMEs on inteillecutal property issues.
David also teaches a graduate-level course on intellectual property at a local university.
Outside of work, David enjoys spending time skiing, biking and relaxing with his young family.
- J.D., University of Western Ontario/Western University, 2012
- M. A. Sc. (Biomedical Engineering), McMaster University, 2008
- B. Eng. and Biosciences (Chemical Engineering and Bioengineering), McMaster University, 2006
- Registered Canadian Patent Agent, 2017
- Registered United States Patent Agent, 2017
- Admitted to the Ontario Bar, 2013
- Intellectual Property Institute of Canada (IPIC)
- Law Society of Ontario (LSO)
- Ontario Bar Association (OBA)
- College of Patent Agents and Trademark Agents (CPATA)