Louis-Pierre Gravelle is a partner with Bereskin & Parr LLP. He is co-leader of the Quantum Technologies Group.
Louis-Pierre’s practice focuses on assisting clients in crafting and implementing their IP strategy, and preparing and prosecuting patent applications. He is often sought to provide due diligence opinions, and providing IP valuation analyses. Litigation and business transactions with a significant IP content round out his practice. He has experience in telecommunications, micro-electronics, computer systems, artificial intelligence, and blockchain, crypto and quantum technologies.
Louis-Pierre’s exposure to emerging technologies and involvement in national and international groups and associations have given him a unique perspectice on the challenges faced by companies in a rapidly changing IP landscape. He is an outspoken supporter of importance of a solid IP profession to assist businesses in reaching their goals.
Louis-Pierre is repeatedly recognized as a top-tier professional in national and international publications.
Cooking with diverse ingredients and exploring flavors and textures for family and friends to enjoy help balance out his professional obligations. Travelling with his family allows them to learn more about the world that we live in, and provide deeper appreciation for what it means to be a human.
« Pour ce qui est de l’avenir, il ne s’agit pas de le prévoir, mais de le rendre possible » (Saint-Exupéry)
- LL.B., University of Ottawa, 1995
- LL.L., University of Ottawa, 1994
- B.A.Sc. (elect. Eng.), University of Ottawa, 1991
- Certified Patent Valuation Analyst (CPVA), 2016
- Registered United States Patent Agent, 1999
- Registered Canadian Patent Agent, 1998
- Admitted to the Québec Bar, 1995
- Intellectual Property Institute of Canada (IPIC), past president
- American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA), member ETC and ECLC
- International Federation of Intellectual Property Lawyers (FICPI) Canada, Treasurer
- International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (AIPPI)
- ISO TC279
- GLIPA, regional co-chair, North America
- FICPI, vice-president PMC;host, FICPI Focus 45 series of webinars; Communication Commission
- Canadian Bar Association (CBA)
- College of Patent Agents and Trademark Agents (CPATA)
- Order des Ingenieurs Du Quebec (OIQ)
- Quebec bar