Philip is a partner with Bereskin & Parr, LLP. He is a member of the Mechanical and Industrial Processes Group.
Philip’s practice focuses on advising clients on the development and implementation of strategic IP portfolio creation and management. Philip directs the patent strategy for a #1 consumer product line in North America.
Philip’s work experience includes consumer products, oil and gas extraction and petroleum refining, mining including extraction and ore processing, water treatment and purification, petrochemicals, syngas production, seismic exploration, gas scrubbing, and assistive products for people with disabilities.
As a member of the patents Committee of AIPPI and CET3 of FICPI, Philip is actively involved in the development of policy for AIPPI and FICPI and the advancement of patent harmonization.
Philip is a science fiction and fantasy fan. He is known to frequently quote Star Trek. When not attending Comicon, Philip enjoys tennis, badminton, pickle ball and ballroom dancing.
- LL.B., Osgoode Hall Law School, 1984
- B. Sc. (Chem Eng), Queen’s University, 1981
- Registered Canadian Patent Agent, 1988
- Registered United States Patent Agent, 1988
- Professional Engineer (P.Eng.), 1988
- Registered Canadian Trademark Agent, 1987
- Admitted to the Ontario Bar, 1986
- Professional Engineers Ontario (PEO)
- Chemical Institute of Canada (CIC)
- Canadian Society of Chemical Engineering (CSChE)
- Intellectual Property Institute of Canada (IPIC), Fellow
- International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (AIPPI)
- International Federation of Intellectual Property Attorneys (FICPI)
- College of Patent Agents and Trademark Agents (CPATA)
- International Trademark Association (INTA)
- Law Society of Ontario (LSO)