Robert Storey is a partner with Bereskin & Parr LLP. Robert brings to his clients the benefit of almost 40 years of experience, including 10 years as managing partner of the Montreal office. His practice focuses on all aspects of the protection and enforcement of patents, trademarks, and industrial designs and enforcing rights across multiple jurisdictions. Robert’s wealth of experience includes high-profile clients and international leaders in fields as diverse as engineering design, computer software, fashion, investment brokerage, accounting, and retail.
Robert is currently a member the Strategic Planning Committee and the Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Accessability Committee of the Fédération Internationale des Conseils en Propriété Intellectuelle (FICPI), an organization that enhances international cooperation within the profession of IP attorneys in private practice, with more than 5,000 members in more than 80 countries. Previously, he was President of the Fédération’s Membership Commission and a past President of FICPI Canada, as well as a former Chair of the Industrial Design Committee of the Intellectual Property Institute of Canada (IPIC). Robert is a member of the Canadian Institute of Mining, Metallurgy and Petroleum (CIM).
- LL.B., Osgoode Hall Law School, 1981
- B.A. Sc. (Metallurgy and Materials Science), University of Toronto, 1977
- Registered Canadian Patent Agent, 1988
- Registered United States Patent Agent, 1988
- Registered Canadian Trademark Agent, 1983
- Admitted to the Ontario Bar, 1983
- Intellectual Property Institute of Canada (IPIC), Fellow
- International Federation of Intellectual Property Attorneys (FICPI), Member of Honour
- Law Society of Ontario (LSO)
- College of Patent Agents and Trademark Agents (CPATA)
- International Trademark Association (INTA)