Sandra Marone is patent agent with Bereskin & Parr LLP and a member of the Chemical practice group.
Sandra’s practice focuses on all aspects of patents, particulary in the chemical, biotechnology and pharmaceutical fields. She works closely with clients including start-ups, universities and large corporations to draft and prosecute patent applications worldwide.
She has worked in the industry in the global intellectual property departments of various generic pharmaceutical companies, and has work experience in the synthetic organic and medicinal chemistry fields.
Outside of work, Sandra enjoys spending time with her family and being a hockey mom. She also loves gardening and baking, and the occasional DYI-ing.
- Ph.D. (Medicinal Chemistry), Queen’s University, 2002
- Hons. B.Sc. (Chemistry and Biology), York University, 1993
- Registered United States Patent Agent, 2018
- Registered Canadian Patent Agent, 2015
- Intellectual Property Institute of Canada (IPIC)
- Chemical Institute of Canada (CIC)
- College of Patent Agents and Trademark Agents (CPATA)