Tony Orsi is a partner and patent agent with Bereskin & Parr. He is also co-leader of the Fintech practice group a member of the firm’s Electrical and Computer Technology, Medtech, Fintech and AI groups.
Tony assists clients with evaluating new technologies, pursuing patent protection globally, providing strategic IP management services and developing in-house IP programs. He works in various technology areas including electrical, biomedical, fintech, AI, software, cleantech, and mechanical innovations. Tony also has practical experience working with ASICs as well as signal and image processing. He works with small, mid and large-sized corporations, universities, research institutions and commercialization organizations, as well as individual inventors. Tony advises, mentors and speaks on IP for several organizations including the Spark Centre, Invest Nova Scotia, the Northern Ontario angels, and various zones at TMU.
Tony enjoys spending time with family, watching comedies, and growing vegetables. He is also an avid hockey fan and animal lover.
- MBA, York University, 2010
- M.A.Sc (Elec. Eng.), University of Toronto, 1998
- B.A.Sc (Elec. Eng), University of Toronto, 1995
- Registered United States Patent Agent, 2004
- Registered Canadian Patent Agent, 2003
- American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA)
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
- Intellectual Property Institute of Canada (IPIC)
- Society of Physician Entrepreneurs (SOPE)
- College of Patent Agents and Trademark Agents (CPATA)